At Allia Future Business Centres we value all the relationships built through our Future Business Centres and venture support activities. We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and fully endorse and adhere to the six principles of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We’re committed to protecting your privacy and this page details how we collect and use data about you.
1) Who we are
7) Your rights
1) Who we are
Allia Future Business Centres Limited Ltd is a trading subsidiary of Allia Ltd (The Allia Group), registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Allia Ltd registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (No. 28861R) and recognised by HMRC as a charity (XR29468) and governed by independent trustees.
2) What information do we collect
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you.
We may ask for your data if you visit one of our centres, join one of our venture support programmes, or request or provide us with a service. We may also collect information from you when you report a problem with our website or if you complete a survey which we use for research or evaluation purposes.
Personal data collected may include anything required to facilitate a contract with you, including your name, personal or work email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, UK Tax payer information (for Gift Aid), records of responses to campaigns, information relating to our contract/service with you as well as how you came to find us or about our services or events. We also keep a record of our mailing lists to which you may have subscribed.
This data, whether it is held on paper, digitally or via other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 2018.
3) How we use your personal or professional information (legal basis for processing)
We will only use your data for a specific purpose and only hold the information for as long as is necessary. We may collect and use your data for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract we have with you and to provide you with the services requested;
- For the fulfilment of a legal obligation for business, accounting and tax purposes;
- For our own legitimate interests which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Day to day business operations of the Allia Future Business and our venture support programmes.
- Fulfilment of externally funded contracts
- Targeted marketing campaigns
- Tracking the performance of our venture support programmes and Future Business Centres
- Photography and videos at events*
*Any images or videos will be used for marketing purposes including printed materials, social media, local and national news media, and the Future Business Centre website. If you do not wish for us to include you in any photos or videos please specify on your sign in sheet when you sign in for an event, and/or make yourself aware to a member of the team who will ensure your anonymity. If you have any concerns please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Keeping your information up to date and how long we will keep it
Keeping up to date
To make sure we always have the most up-to-date information about how to contact you, we may also, from time to time, update your records to reflect any changes to your personal information.
This information may come directly from you, or it may come from a third party that we consider is legitimate and trustworthy and in circumstances where it is appropriate and where you will have had a clear expectation that your details would be passed on for this purpose. We may also combine the information you provide us with information we collect from trusted third parties where reasonable to do so.
How long we keep your data
We only hold your data as long as necessary and regularly update our procedures. Our data retention schedule is available on request at email@example.com.
It’s only with your support that we can continue to make a positive impact on people, planet and place. That’s why we love to keep you posted with news about our work and how your support can make a difference.
However, of course, we will not contact you again if you ask us not to. This can relate to all communications with you from Allia FBC Ltd or to certain campaigns or channels of communication. You can contact us to change your contact preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) Your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed below please write to us at email@example.com
- Access to your personal information;
- Objection to processing of your personal information;
- Objection to automated decision-making and profiling;
- Restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Your personal data portability;
- Rectification of your personal information; and
- Erasure of your personal information.
If you make a request relating to any of the rights listed above, we will consider each request in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. No administration fee will be charged for considering and/or complying with such a request unless the request is deemed to be excessive in nature.
Upon successful verification of your identity you are entitled to obtain the following information about your own personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling.
You can make the above request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Future Business Centre
King’s Hedges Road
Cambridge, CB4 2HY
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
In the first instance please email David Broach at email@example.com. We hope we would be able to resolve any complain that you have, but if you are not happy you can contact the ICO via https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/