Impactathon: Let’s talk about feelings!
Be there and make a difference!
Why is getting people talking about feelings important?
- Public Health England reports that more than 8 in ten people experienced indicators of poor mental health in the last 12 months
- Public Health England reports that 1 in 4 adults is inappropriately using prescription 3 medication for pain and mood
- Up to 45% of all GP visits are in the category of Medically Unexplained Symptoms (like 4 ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Burnout). Together these factors place the NHS under an enormous strain and cost individuals dearly in terms of their functional ability and quality of life
We want to find out:
- The true cost of not talking about feelings
- The benefit of talking about feelings – how does talking about feelings work?
- Share and collect people’s stories of experiences and feelings
Should I attend the Impactathon?
We need a wide variety of skills on the day. You don’t have to be working in the area of feelings or mental health. Maybe this subject is important to you personally; you’re an enthusiast or want to make social change.
Perhaps you’re a Doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, writer, thinker, strategist, journalist, researcher, illustrator, graphic designer, photographer, marketeer, therapist, personal trainer, health scientist, health economist… whatever the skills you bring, you’re very welcome!
This is about all hands on deck to take decisive action, knowing why it’s worth taking and how to then actually do it.
Free to attend and free participate at this volunteer-led event. Lunch will be provided.
- RIBA East – Inclusive design: small changes, big impact
- Sep 15 2020
- 02:00 PM - 04:30 PM