Groundswell: community action for climate justice
The climate emergency is real and it’s here. But those who’ve done the least to cause the problem are facing the harshest impacts, from working-class communities in the UK to the poorest people around the world.
We know the climate crisis can be overwhelming. But we also know the solutions which can stop runaway climate breakdown – and they will benefit everyone. We just need to make them happen…
Friends of the Earth presents Groundswell – a series of 6 regional events, including this Peterborough event, with inspiring speakers and practical workshops to help create a safer, fairer world for everyone.
Why you should attend
- Be inspired by speakers from the front lines of the climate justice movement
- Learn how to get involved in climate campaigning or start a Climate Action Group near you
- Discover how to involve new people in your community, making our movement more diverse, representative and powerful
- Meet and learn from people across the community climate movement
- Learn how you can win effective climate friendly policy locally, which will also help push the UK Government and international community into urgent action.
Who should attend?
Anyone who cares about the climate crisis and is keen to commit to local action – whether you’re new to campaigning or a seasoned activist.
You don’t need loads of time and you don’t need to be a campaigner. Everyone has valuable skills and just half an hour a week can make a real difference.
We particularly welcome people who face barriers to participating in the climate movement, whether because of background, economic resources, disability, race, age, gender or any other form of injustice or oppression.
Lunch & refreshments
A vegetarian and vegan lunch is included in the ticket price.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day. Please bring a reusable cup to help reduce the environmental impact of our event.