Business of architecture: exploring ethics in practice
This seminar will explore the daily ethical dilemmas faced by architects, from employment decisions to selecting projects and specifying materials. You will have the opportunity to reflect on these ethical issues, discuss them with fellow professionals and decide how and why to take an ethical stance in today’s world.
Architects face ethical dilemmas on a daily basis, from employment decisions to selecting projects and specifying materials. Whilst there is an increasing awareness of these challenging and sometimes complex issues, there are few opportunities to reflect and discuss them with fellow professionals and decide how best to take an ethical stance in today’s world.
The seminar will cover:
- Your people: HR and employment best practice
- Your projects: better projects: better outcomes
- Your clients: how to influence the decision-makers
- Your supply chains: people and products
- Social value: defining and improving your impact
- Community work: how to work directly with community groups and consider varied perspectives
- The UN Sustainable Development Goals: a framework for ethical practice
- Marketing 2020 Strategy & Planning
- Dec 13 2019
- 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM