Grow Your Business – our biggest cohort yet
We’re really excited to have just launched our latest ‘Grow Your Business’ Programme, this time in not one, but two boroughs of east London – Hackney and Tower Hamlets. And it’s the biggest cohort yet; a total of 63 local businesses that range from architectural design, community yoga classes, to selling prickly pear juice.
Allia has been running the ‘Grow Your Business’ Programme in east London since 2015, and in that time we’ve seen hundreds of local businesses grow their customer base, increase their revenues and create jobs in the local community.
The programme runs for three months from the Allia Future Business Centre Hackney, where the businesses are given free support consisting of expert workshops, business advice and peer-to-peer support. The programme is designed to fit around an entrepreneur’s working day, and includes workshops on business model canvas, social media, branding, legals, hiring, funding, HR and finances.
Check out some of the exciting new businesses that have enrolled:
- Colour Your City – Transforming urban spaces using the power and beauty of colour
- Hackney Botanical – Using plants to create bespoke interior landscapes for businesses and homes around London
- Kimba – Clothing brand merging fine art with fair trade and organic apparel
- Socko – Socko make sustainable socks and teach people how to mend their clothing
- DevLearn – Consultancy and training services in international development
- Marigold the Maker – Workshops, kits, commissions and online courses in embroidery, calligraphy and drawing
From working with previous cohorts, we’ve found that the connections made between businesses are really positive, and many go on to use each other’s services. This is the first time Allia have combined two boroughs in one cohort, and with an impressive variety of businesses from both Tower Hamlets and Hackney, we’re looking forward to the connections and collaborations that will emerge.
Three months is a short time, so we try to ensure that even after the programme is over, the alumni still feel like they’re part of the family. Alex Potter is the ‘Grow Your Business’ Programme Manager and has been running the programme since its start; “We still welcome previous cohorts into any new sessions and workshops; it’s important for them to know they’ve still got the support even after the programme officially ends.”
Click here for more information about the ‘Grow Your Business’ Programme, delivered exclusively in east London.